Monday, June 2, 2008

Disco dancing was involved!

Well with the arrival of my house mate after two and half months sailing the south pacific ocean, the weekend was destined to be a alcoholic shakedown like no other.. For some reason I felt the need to warm up to the event, like some sort of athlete before the Olympic Games I found myself chugging copious amounts of delicious beverages in a feeble attempt to gain legendary piss fitness status. Drinking Monday, Wednesday, Thursday.. And as should be expected, the day Sailor boy and Co arrived home, Friday.

What followed was a serious session of hard drinking. It all started the second I arrived home form work. My house mate had fitted a few eskies out with beautiful golden oat soda’s on ice and was already half tanked. I had no objections in following suit and soon found myself staring into the bottom of a few empty glasses. A few phone calls later had a swag of delightful characters waltzing up the stairs (Don’t you hate it when the lift breaks down, your drunk and you live on the seventh floor!). At this point I’ll mention included a couple of female backpackers I had met the night before while on the town with Miss H. So maybe Miss H has reason to peruse my phone from time to time, but hell she was there when I asked for these girls numbers.. Anyway we get to drinking in a fashion met with great enthusiasm, and before long we are all slurring away with immense chatter of god knows what. Probably my man beard..

A few shot’s of Mescal Tequila feed the hungry faces as they depart from the entrance of our unit, high spirit’s flaming like the coals on a great Aussie barby, we prepare ourselves for the dangerous decent down seven flights of stairs. It’s hilarious as we trip over ourselves, taking periodic breaks at each landing (Appropriately named) to catch a sense of balance. It’s a unanimous decision that “The Vic” will be the local dive for this evening’s entertainment, Air guitar championships hot on the agenda, with a mix of bar dancing cow girls to take care of any boring interval.

It’s not unreasonable to assume at this stage we are all completely loaded, it’s clearly going to be one of those nights which our brains will find hard to comprehend in the morning.

As soon as we make it through the entrance we line the bar for our first Jacks and coke, then beeline to find a place on the table where we can dance, shout, hug, make out, look good.. you know, what ever really. Within what seems like seconds we are flinging ourselves over the surface, precariously dangling on the edge of the table as we master the beats with well recited dance jingle jangle. Who would have thought I look so good performing party favourites like the sprinkler, head bobbing, arms pumping… Styling like chocolate yogo on a toddlers face!

The night carries on in fabulous fashion, as we run around the complex taking pictures with just about every patron possible. I have never been to such a friendly venue, which is just so down to earth. It makes the word pretentious seem some what mystical, not common place. I look around the room as everyone intermittently gargles the last of there appetizingly tasty potion.

The air guitarists are nothing but completely abstract, well placed to fry the little remains of my sane mind. At one point, a KISS like creature snarled out across the stage, prancing faster then that devilish looking demon from the hellish depths of middle earth. I found myself in a state of hysteria as the alcohol played ferociously with my mind. I fumbled carelessly though my camera function’s in a state of panic.. as the pictures keep showing up with a fire like appearance… I proceeded to scrawl thought the camera function’s… NORMAL, the letters read across my screen, in a state of intensive fear I press enter button.. Then began to laugh, how ironic the word normal seemed at a time like this.… I need another drink!

Before long it seemed that everyone had realized there maximum capacity had been reached, if lot exceeded, and soon started to drift off in separate directions. Surely some would make it back home.. I myself, headed in the opposite direction though with the intentions of a midnight Hoover of disgusting over priced Chinese food! And that’s what I got!

The walk home seemed to take the best of five hours, my legs drooped under my weight as I considered the possibility of finding a quite spot under a tree for the night.. But lucky or unlucky I found some sense in making it home. On arrival I was only disheartened to find I was locked out of the complex…But I guessed all was not lost, and wearily climbed up behind some pot plants and fell to sleep…

I’m not sure how long I was out for, long enough for some flea’s to set in and bit the hell out of my legs though. I was shaken awake as my house mate stood over me. Not sure if he was out looking for me or not, but he found me all the same. Time for the trek up the stairs again!

The next day I awoke, with the feeling of razors grinding in my throat… Shit I was still alive! We gradually gathered the guys up from the night before and headed down to Bennies Bakery; a pie would surely settle this belly I thought. It was some hours later when I realized that it fell terribly short of the saving grace I had originally hoped for, as it toiled in the back of my mouth. I slowly gathered myself together, and decided to head out the to the national park.. The thought of crawling up behind a warm fresh water waterfall and dying sounded all too appealing.

I fell in love with this girl.. If only I knew more then that she's from North Ireland!

4 comments:

Kez said...

I take it you've been having a blast!
I love how you call it a "man" beard. The word man seems a little superfluous. Man beard as opposed to what? A lady beard?
haha.
Love reading about your adventures as usual.

Juice said...

Kezza it's not so much as to what a female beard is, but more about a "so called" man who can't grow one (Clayton). You would be suprized at how many guys can't grow one.. It's like being a women with no reproductive organs!

BloodRedRoses said...

I love that you passed out beside a plant.

Amazing.

I also love the man beard... it's sassy, kinda like the fisherman pants, but on a whole new level!

Rab said...

I love the sprinkler. Best dance move. Ever. I have several variations I like to pull out after a few golden oat sodas myself.