Thursday, June 5, 2008

Frisbee action

So sunday I suggested that a few of us visit the beach for a little frisbee/rugby action. A few things to point out about Darwin beaches though.. Cocodiles, Box jelly fish, Sharks and an abundance of other creatures which don't like you, and in the words of Dylan Moran "Swimming knives". Yes, all of these plus more populate sneaky hidding spots scattered along the scenic coast line, just waiting for another ill-informed traveller to make a mistake. But being dry season the locals assure me , that I'm over zealous and a swim shouldn't see me dangling from the mouth of these deranged killing monsters any time soon.

So with the new found confidence the beach trip is a go..


Beer, wine and sun.. What else could we ask for? I'll admit that I would prefer the beaches at my home town, but given that it's the 1st of June... I think this is a pretty good substitute considering it would be pissing down at home and fairly miserable.



Proof that I went in! On the left is Nancy a dutch backpacker we met the other day. Later in the evening we moved around the bay to the next beach for the evening markets and played some more frisbee!! I swear frisby is the ultimate sport for those of us to unco to kite surf, or to cheap to wake board..

7 comments:

Kez said...

Oh jeebus, that beard is getting voluminous.
Yes, the beaches at home are heaps better, but it's been arctic...
Hey, it's officially June now. Come back to M-town and have drinkies. I just want to show off the fact that I'm a fully fledged local again (or should I keep that to myself for fear of shaming myself and my family?).

BloodRedRoses said...

wine, beer and sun... what more does one need really??

Your pics are awesome, I'm jealous that you actually have beaches nearby that you can GO in without worrying about the pollution levels.

JEALOUS.

Becky said...

I love the beach especially when beer or wine is involved. I hope you had a lovely afternoon in the sun!

Rab said...

Is it still beach weather in Darwin?? Jeeez I'm in the wrong town. Wearing gumboots in Sydney. Been through 5 umbrellas in a week :(

Unknown said...

Dude that looks sweet! Is the water cold?

Juice said...

Kezza- Yeah the beard is it's own person, has a mind of it's own and all.

BRR- Polution level!!!!! I've never heard of a beach which needs to be checked for floats before swimming. If make you feel any better, the beach was closed a couple of day's later when a 3 metre Croc was sighted.

bflat- Nothing better then the beach!

Miss em- It's 30-33 everyday here at the moment, it's nothing but beach weather. I was in sydney a few months ago.. YUK! It was freezing.

leah- the water is pretty warm, 25+ maybe. Your blog is on private, I did try to read it.

Pretty Unfamous said...

Frisbee is cool no matter what anyone says. It's such an easy form of exercise and entertainment! Looks like it was a nice day at the beach!