Monday, October 13, 2008

The Artist.. Part 1



Photo by: Lex Harris

Well as part of this ongoing sabbatical of mine (which I consider is the best expression to sum up life) I find that I am continually meeting heaps of fabulously talented and inspirational people. And as part of this blog, dear avid faithful tremendously awesome reader’s I will endeavour to bring to your attention just a snippet of these kind folks.

First off the cuff may I present too you the masterful Mr Lex Harris, a well travelled sort who has an excellent Image Gallery online. (Sign in if you desire a larger version for admiration)



Photo by: Lex Harris.

As you can see from this image Lex isn’t the type sitting around waiting for adventure on his Foxtel account. Opting for the more hands on approach has seen him collect an impressive array of photo’s from varies parts of the world. I think the word ANTARTICA gives you the right impression of what you might expect from his work. Other places include Argentina, Indonesia, Pakistan, Tasmania (Of particular interest to me) and my home state Western Australia.

For those of you who don’t particularly have the time to sift through extensive files of images, I urge you to take a look at the Showcase where Lex has been kind enough to collate some of his favourite shot’s which feature his astounding collaboration with life.

While I have not had the fortune in meeting Lex in person, I can say he is a very courteous fellow and I appreciate his time in replying to my email for permission to host some of his brilliant images. I first heard of his site though his brother John (The gargantuan fellow pictured in my recent post The training begins)

I think that just about wraps up the first in my new series. Please drop a comment if you enjoyed this post, as I have a heap I would love to share.



Photo by: Lex Harris

7 comments:

LJ said...

AWESOME! I Love the photos!!!!

sarah toa said...

The first one is Bluff Knoll perhaps? It's a good idea Juice, I like it. You're reading some stuff stuff at the moment, I think hunter s thompson comes next, or before?

Juice said...

That was my thought's exactly. You and your partner should come out some day LJ.

He has a comments section on his site, feel free to let him know what you think and I'm sure he'll be more then happy to chat about any questions you may have etc.

Sarah Toa, You can pick Thompson in my work perhaps. You would be right. He is the good Dr.

Tiffy said...

I love love the pictures!! They are beautiful! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing him out to us, his photos are absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

The first image is sunrise at Point Eric on the south coast of Tasmania, March 2007. It's an entirely candid shot, the subject (fellow bushwalker Lisa www.lisastone.myphotoalbum.com) was doing her daily dawn yoga exercises after we'd both watched and photographed the sun come up. She had no had no idea I was taking this shot.

The second is morning mist below the western crags of Beggary Bumps in the Western Arthur Range, SW Tasmania, March 2001, taken from Mt Columba. The figure on the peak is friend and fellow Antarctic veteran Matt S www.marine.csiro.au/nationalfacility/voyages/0705/voyagers/sherlock.html.

The third is the outlet creek at Haven Lake, Western Arthur Range, SW Tasmania, March 2001.

As you can see I have a passion for Tassie! Juice, you won't regret moving there.

Anonymous said...

Hey Juice,

You've made the right choice... i spent one of the best years of my life in tassie , and then followed that up with another 1 1/2 years of great adventures, beautiful people and the most amazing scenery around...
hope you enjoy the place as much as i did and Lex's photos are more than just an inspiration of what is on offer, get out there and see for yourself